We delivered the restoration and fit-out for Everyman, of this art-deco building which originally opened as a cinema in 1928. The original ‘Rialto’ cinema closed in 1968 to become a bingo hall, before being acquired by a church group. After a campaign by local residents to return the building into a cinema, Everyman purchased the building
We have transformed the building into a four screen luxury cinema, kitted out with the latest in Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, 4K Projection, with one of the screens providing RealD 3D. The four screens, all of which provide comfortable sofa technology, seat: 40;50;75; and 148.
The building was very close to a number of local residential and commercial premises. We therefore liaised closely with the landlords and the occupiers of those premises prior to developing the detailed programme of works, and during the works to minimise any disruption.